Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Troubleshooting

According to webopedia.com troubleshoot is to isolate the source of a problem and fix it, typically through a process of elimination whereby possible sources of the problem are inverstigated and eliminated beginning with the most obvious or easiest problem to fix.
In my experiences, computer problems are the worst possible kind of problem for one to deal with. Anytime that I've ever experienced any computer problem I've always turned to searching for the solution online. I found a website that has common computer problems and solutions, check it out: everythingcomputers.com/troubleg.htm 
As I was researching about this topic I didn't come across to the specific reason why computers troubleshoot. My assumption is either because of virus, software issues, or hardware issues. Whatever the case may be one can always obtain help online or through a technician in a store like Best Buy or Staples.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great link! It had some great articles that cover almost every computer problem, including the tough ones! I found it handy having a second computer that does work when researching troubleshooting problems. I have been able to diagnose and fix multiple problems this way...from rebooting to installing new hard drives, saving lots of money by doing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whenever I have any issues or questions on how to handle or do something in regards to computer problems, I've always resorted to using goggle search. It's amazing how much blog/discussion websites there are for various troubleshooting issues. I must say that this is one of the best things about having the internet. the type of help and tips you can easily find for free without going to computer repair shops, is truly amazing and a blessing. Back in the late 90s I remember how frustrating it was to have to pack up my 20 pound PC tower and drop it off to a repair shop or to pay a guy about $100 to just diagnose my computer. We have come a long way with the convenience and functionality of the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank the Tech Gods for advancements in troubleshooting computer issues. I remember when the only option was to take your computer somewhere to have someone fix it, or pay an arm and a leg for the customer telephone support to help you. Now, with troubleshooting programs already installed on computers,Google, user forums and many other helpful sites, we can solve common problems on our own. To be honest, it seems like ages when I had to last call and seek out help. Thses resources have a way of making you feel like a tech genius while the program is doing all the work :-)

    ReplyDelete